Thursday, August 21, 2008

"He's Got You and Me Brother in His Hands...."

Austin and his BROTHER!!
This morning Andy and I went to the doctor to see the 20 week ultrasound, and it was amazing to watch! Our technician was wonderful, telling us everything she was doing and looking for...things I thought were very interesting, such as when the bladder is big and full that means the baby's kidneys are working, and when the stomach is big and full it means the baby is sucking well (which, I'm just now thinking, don't they feed through the umbilical cord? Did I hear her wrong?). Everything she saw and measured was commented on with a "that looks good" or "perfect" which is always wonderful to hear. I was emotional this time around watching this baby's ultrasound, I think because I know the overwhelming joy you have when you can finally hold those tiny hands and kiss the tiny nose that you anxiously awaited for 9 months!
When it came time to find out if this little one was a boy or girl, it wouldn't budge out of its cozy position, leaving us in TOTAL suspense! Seriously, for about 15 minutes it moved its little arms and legs all around, but not it's bottom! I rolled from side to side. The technician pushed and jiggled my stomach. I told her that with a 22 month old climbing on it all the time that what we were doing probably wasn't fazing it! Finally, it moved over and we could clearly see that it was a boy! What a perfect and precious little one HE is! How wonderful that we now know and can pray specifically for HIM, knowing already what little boys are made of! Austin and this little one will be best buds!

Thank you, Lord, for giving us another precious boy....You are so good! With Your help, we will raise both of our boys to know You...may they be Godly men who please You!

3 comments:

th77hunter said...

Yeah!!!Another beautiful boy...how exciting!

Amy Isbell said...

CONGRATS!!! i will say a little prayer for you & your little BOY!

The Latham Family said...

Yeah! We are all so excited for you! Austin is so sweet, what a blessing to know that you get to have another one! We love you all!