Monday, November 30, 2009

3 Years and 11 Months

Almost a month ago, Austin had a birthday. It's so incredibly hard to believe that I have only blinked, and my baby is now a big 3 yr old! What's even harder to believe is that my new baby will be 1 in just a month! I'm not ready for his first birthday. Over the last year, two of my closests friends have, at different times, called me bawling about how fast their children were growing up and how they are already sad about when they are grown (which for both was spurred on by the movie Marley and Me....I was advised by both not to see it). I haven't shared that sadness until just recently, as Campbell is approaching his first birthday. I really do keep thinking he's my baby (and when I say 'baby', I'm really meaning my brand-new newborn), and so I'm finding myself amazed at all the things he's doing because he's just a newborn! :)

There's so much that they are both doing, saying, and keeping us in stitches and on our toes about, but here's a bit about each....

Austin: What a do-er he is! He is busy all day long 'do'-ing....and narrating or singing as he goes! He is particular about things, especially his most prized possessions, his cars and trains. He loves to make Campbell laugh (and cry sometimes too, I'm afraid). He tests his limits (and ours) quite often, which keeps Andy and me going before the Lord on a daily basis asking for wisdom. :) He finally likes to brush his teeth (Halelujah!) and loves to spit in the sink! He loves loves loves to sing Jesus Loves Me and the second verse to Jesus Loves the Little Children, which goes "Jesus died for all the children," but he thinks says, "Jesus diaper all the children." He just likes music in general, and gets excited when he gets to go to worship at the beginning of the church service. He loves books and having "school" with mommy. He is very helpful, especially with older people. All during Thanksgiving he helped his great-grandmother get around with her walker...at one point I realized he'd helped her right into the bathroom when I heard him exclaim that she had underwear, too! He also has quite the sense of humor....his latest was today when he shut his eyes real tight and told me he couldn't go get Camp's wipes for me because his eyes were broken! :) I guess I should also mention (for Andy) that he's into sports, especially Alabama football and wrestling matches with daddy and Campbell!

Campbell: He is 11 months today, but going on 3! He tries really hard to keep up with big brother...which means I've got two busy loves going non-stop from the moment they wake up! Campbell starts his day with the biggest smile you've ever seen! That smile now proudly displays 4 1/2 teeth! And he works on that 1/2 tooth with everything he finds to put in his mouth! He doesn't like to be fed by spoon anymore, but will eat almost anything you put in front of him, as long as he can feed himself. I'm still nursing, which is almost a month longer than I got with Austin (woo-hoo!), but will be starting to ween this next month....this child will miss it, unlike his brother. :) He walks all day with his walker, and even took a few turns with his great-grandmother's walker this past weekend...of course, hers didn't sing or light up, but he had fun with it, nonetheless! Camp loves loves loves his big brother, and does everything Austin does...he pushes little cars and trains around just like Austin (which I feel like is a pretty big skill, but maybe I'm just in that "newborn" thinking again), he roars and roars with Austin (but his sound more like baby lion cubs), and he can blow whistles. He, too, has a sense of humor and loves to laugh...today, he kept putting his paci in my mouth and belly laughing as if it was the funniest thing ever! He also snuggles and kisses and loves to be rocked.
Andy and I are amazed at the love we have for these two...what two beautiful, wonderful blessings!

1 comment:

JJ said...

Precious precious pictures and words. It seems like yesterday we were anticipating our 2nds coming... you are right it has flown! Oh and Ash and I watched Marley and Me last night! It is SOOOOO good but SOOOOO sad too. I miss you and all 3 boys too :) Love love love.