I did start working on a post a few weeks ago that had a lot of July 4th pictures and all, but.....oh well. I know in every post I talk about how busy we are and how fast time is flying...but seriously, I blink and another month has gone by! Does anyone else experience this? I am trying hard to protect and savor my time with my boys because I know soon enough they'll be grown.
My sweet Campbell just turned 8 months Sunday, and I still think he's a newborn...even though he's crawling everywhere and into everything he can get to! And Austin will be 3 in two months...crazy! Even though their growing up is happening faster than I'd like, we are enjoying watching them hit milestones, watching their personalities develop, and watching their relationship with each other grow!
Austin is a great big brother! He has become very loving and responsible, esp when it comes to Camp....making sure he's not putting things in his mouth that don't belong there, sharing his toys (usually ones that aren't his favorite, but nonetheless sharing), kissing him and saying "I yove you, Camel," and most recently, wanting Campbell to be a part of the nightly wrestling matches...Austin will fall and grunt and flip all around Campbell, but being careful not to fall on him. :) Austin also is good at seeing a need and without being asked, tries to meet it as best as he can. Today, for instance, I told Austin that I'd nurse Campbell in his room while he played with his trains. He said, "Okay!" and got one the biggest pillows off his bed and put it against the wall for me to lean back on (which is something I've never done before)! He was taking care of his mama! I wanted to eat him up!! He gets this wonderful trait from his daddy!
Campbell just LOVES Austin and will take any attention he can get from him. He tries hard to imitate Austin and laughs at everything he does...which Austin loves! Campbell also likes to pull on Austin's curly hair...he just can't resist if he's able to reach! I really think he's trying to put it in his mouth, where everything he gets a hold of goes...argh, it's a racket! But he's just as good as he can be and has the biggest smile I've ever seen! And it's contagious! I wish I could bottle it up to save forever! Camp also jabbers a ton, when he can get a word in...I'm usually the only one who gets the biggest doses of his jabbering b/c we get some alone time before Austin wakes up from his nap. :) I get some good snuggle time with him, too...he is SO cuddly!
Here are some pics from the last month or so....not as many as I'd hoped to put...i accidentally deleted a lot from my camera. By the way, not sure why my pics look grainy on the blog :(
4th of July at the lake
Kayaking with Poppa
Austin has gotten to be so brave in the water this year!
Think Camp's hair will be curly like Austin's?
Not really a good pic, but this was one of his first times sitting up playing, and he was so happy!
Happy Anniversary to us! 6 years and more in love!
One of our last nights with the Jonases before they left for the year...we miss you!
At the lake with cousins, Sam and Kathryn
Austin loves to "mow" :)
2 comments:
So cute! I really wish we could see them more. I can't believe how time is flying too! Love ya'll!
Thanks for giving us a shout out! We miss you guys SOOOOO incredibly much.
Keep talking about us so Austin and Camp won't forget :)
Post a Comment