Tuesday, June 30, 2009

32 Years and 6 Months

Happy late birthday to my sweet husband! Andy turned 32 last Thursday. We took him to Iguana Grill to eat, then Friday morning my sister came to keep the boys while Andy and I went to the lake. We had such a fun time - we pretty much stayed out on the boat for two days straight...something we can't do as much of anymore because of naps and feedings and tantrums over sunscreen. :)
Over Andy's bday, I was humbled by the fact that he was created for a purpose that only he can fulfill...and how wonderful that Austin and Campbell and I ARE a big part of that purpose. How blessed we are to have him! We love you, Andy!
It's hard to believe that our little baby is 6 months old today! I feel like he should only be like 3 months! Seeing how Austin is shooting up right before our eyes makes me want to hold on to the baby stage longer...but I know Campbell is getting ready for bigger and better things! I'll be starting him on solid food...wow, how are we already here?! I mean, I'm still using the Boppy for every nursing (even though he is now 15 1/2 lbs)! I can't believe that the short time we've had him is how long it'll be until his first birthday!
We are having the best time with Camp...he's so alert and full of personality, loving to talk and laugh and look you right in the eyes! And he just loves watching and touching Austin. A couple of weeks ago when Ausitn was gone for a week, Campbell was so fussy - not wanting to do anything but be held. It didn't occur to me until later in the week that he was used to being constanly entertained, so I guess he was just bored not having a bunch of running and yelling and playing (and fit pitching) to watch!
On a more serious note...yesterday we went to a pediatric dermatologist to have a spot on Campbell's head checked out that he's had since birth. The dr didn't really know what it was, but didn't seem to think it's anything harmful. However, we are taking Campbell next week to have a biopsy done in order to be sure. We're praying for the procedure to go well and that all results will be normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meredith, I so glad you finally updated the blog. I like to see what is going on in the Nix household. I will certainly be praying for Baby Camp. The boys are absolutely adorable! All of them including Andy.
MiMi Stephenson